Pallankuzhi, Pallanguli, or Pallakuli is a traditional two player board game played by people of all ages. In Tamil, Pal means ‘many’ and kuzhi means ‘pit,’ a fitting description to this game which requires a board with many pits. In absence of a board to play, rural women make pits in the mud to play. The pits contain shells, seeds, small pebbles, or semi precious stones used as coins.
The board indicates the prosperity of the family. Rich family holds prestige in owning a pallankuzhi board in gold, silver, sandal wood, ivory or in other materials of value. Women from wealthy families play with original pearls or ruby stones as the coins. Common people use tamarind seeds, cowry shells or pebbles as the coins to play.
For more information on resources visit
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- That Time My Dead Cells Review Was Copied (RESOLVED)
- Luther Vandross – Don't Want To Be A Fool (Official Video)
- In-game Units in Cinematics – Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
- Peret em Heru (For the Prisoners) Egyptian Horror Survival Game!
- Bobo Plays car at Home | Kid at Home | Games Song + More Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs -Jugnu Kids