Rapture3D is an OpenAL driver that can produce 3D headphone surround sound using HRTFs. In this video, I’ve attempted to demonstrate this effect by comparing Rapture3D sound with the standard S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat sound. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games support OpenAL so you can use the Rapture3D driver as the sound provider by selecting it in the game’s audio menu.
Notice how the sound positioning in all the ‘Generic Software’ clips is very “flat”. It only positions sounds using simple left-to-right panning. Then notice how ‘Rapture3D’ positions sounds all around you, allowing you to distinguish their positions in space much more precisely. The difference between in-front and behind, as well as above and below, is quite clear.
Rapture3D is made by Blue Ripple Sound.
When you’ve finished watching this video, rewind it and watch it again … this time with your eyes closed.
This video was created with the “User” version of Rapture3D. The speaker layout was set to “Headphone Stereo (Compat.)” and the decoder method was set to “HRTF (Red)”.
For drinkinbeeronporch – Link to Steam forum topic: “OpenAL Audio for Source Engine”:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- That Time My Dead Cells Review Was Copied (RESOLVED)
- Luther Vandross – Don't Want To Be A Fool (Official Video)
- In-game Units in Cinematics – Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
- Peret em Heru (For the Prisoners) Egyptian Horror Survival Game!
- Bobo Plays car at Home | Kid at Home | Games Song + More Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs -Jugnu Kids